In solidarity with the Dragon Divas racing in Fort Dodge today, Divas Ginny and Jill took a bike ride around several Woodbury lakes. What are you doing on this gorgeous summer day?
HealthEast’s Inside Health Care with Jodi Ritacca will again feature the Dragon Divas beginning tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug 6, 2014 — on channel 19 in the north metro, it will air at 6:30 pm and 10:30 pm. If you don’t have cable TV, it will be on YouTube beginning next week.
Divas Ione and Sheila are interviewed in the 2nd half of the program, following Dr Frascone from Regions Emergency Medicine.
This weekend is the always lots of fun Dragon Festival at Lake Phalen in St. Paul, and your Minnesota Dragon Divas will be racing there on our “home” territory on Saturday. We are looking forward to a fun day of practice and racing. For those of you in the area that are able to come by and cheer us on, we will be practicing at 9:50 am and racing at about 1:36 pm and again at about 3:12 pm. Please stop by and say “hello!”
Thank you, Father Greg, for blessing our season.
Posted in News
- The weather forecast for Sunday, March 30, is 58 degrees! Spring and paddling season is coming!
- Come see the fabulous silent auction items:
Signed Lynx basketball
Kialoa hybrid dragon boat paddle and blade cover
Several groupings of Merrell clothing and bags
Signed hockey puck by a Wild player (come to see who)
and more surprises
- Diva beer special $4 per glass
- Food menu available
- ATM machine available
When: Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:00-8:00pm
Where: Grumpy’s Bar and Grill – The Rose Vine Hall
2801 Snelling Avenue N, Roseville, MN 55113
Music by The Wax-Tones
Photo Booth, Silent Auction, Raffles and more
Grand Raffle – $10 per chance
1. Kayak – complete with life jacket and paddle
2. iPad Mini with case
3. Boat of Booze – irresistible collection of beers, wines, spirits
4. Traveling Tap – pedal and party on a 2 hr tour up to 16 people!
Basket Raffle – $1 per chance
1. Basket of goodies from Kowalski’s Markets
2. Tea Time – teapot with various teas, biscuits and jams, and more in a wooden boat
3. DQ Lovers Dream – punch card good for DQ Cakes and Treats
4. Dining Out – gift cards for Meritage, Tria, Pazzaluna, St Paul Grill, Lobby Bar, and M St Cafe
5. Road Trip – Kwik Trip gas cards and more
6. Pampered basket – 1hr massage from “All About Me”, robe, slippers, and more
7. MN Twins Tickets – pair of Legend Club seats – May 17 vs Seattle 7pm
8. Boar’s Head Meats and Cheeses premium yummy products
9. The Farmer’s Daughter and Creek’s Edge fine goodies basket
10. For the Birds – Barska spotting scope, bird guide, bird feed, bird house, “A Big Year’, and more
Do not need to present to win!
The Dragon Divas is an all volunteer organization. 100% of the funds raised directly support the Dragon Divas team, benefit local breast cancer survivors, and promote cancer education within our community.
Come party with us!
Divas Pat and Nancy check out the site of the 2014 International Breast Cancer Paddlers’ Commission festival in Sarasota, Florida.
Help ensure there’s a seat for everyone who wants one in the boat! Please donate now, between 11:00-11:59 p.m., during this Power Hour. Nonprofits and schools that raise the most money during each of five power hours will win a $1,000 prize grant. We would love to win this!